What Is TRX® Suspension® Training?
Much like the boot camps, TRX suspension training was founded by the Navy Seals. It consists of a bodyweight workout system that is as complete as it gets.
TRX stands for Total Body Resistance Exercise and the reason why it was created by a Navy Seal was because he needed a workout system he could take anywhere to keep his fitness level optimal.
How can TRX® Suspension® Training benefit my fitness life?
One of the biggest benefits of TRX workout: it’s portable. With a couple of straps you can do a lot of workouts without having to waste time going to one station to another and you can work several muscle groups in the same space with the same gear.
But what exactly does it do for the body?
- You’re using your own body weight, fully engaging and strengthening your core muscles.
- It improves balance (in fact it requires a lot of balance). If your core is not yet very strong and your balance a bit wobbly, we recommend you get assistance from a trainer and learn proper form.
- You can vary the exercises to challenge different muscle groups
- It improves flexibility, helps you become more resilient and saves your joints of impact and your muscles of overfitting.
- TRX Suspension Training allows for a full body workout without moving from one station to another.
- It burns more calories than you could with many other equipments.
- It can help you reach specific goals
Those are the most significant benefits of including TRX Suspension Training in your routine, whether at the gym, at home or when you’re traveling.
We Heart TRX Suspension Training
And if you need one more reason to embrace it, here is one. According to the American Council of Exercise, “[…] TRX Suspension Training is 89.2 percent clinically beneficial in improving “hard 30-year cardiovascular disease risk” (these are mortality events) and 86 percent clinically beneficial in improving “full 30-year cardiovascular disease risk” (this includes myocardial infarction and other less severe events).”
Suspension Training helps you strengthen your muscles, including your heart.
Are you in yet? Challenge yourself, track your progress, reap and feel the benefits in the short and long term. Want to be stronger, leaner, more flexible and stable? TRX Suspension Training is the answer.
Activ8 Athleticism focuses on optimal athletic performance achieved through understanding, correcting, developing, and progressing one’s natural movement patterns.